Hiking and biking
The intercommunal Visitor’s Bureau of the Luberon offers many cross country biking and hiking routes in the Luberon (see the websites of the Bureau as well as that of the South Luberon Bureau). Maps of the circuits can be downloaded free of charge.
For biking trips, setting out from Ménerbes, it is easy to reach the biking track called Veloroute du Luberon at the Beaumettes village. It leads all the way to Cereste following the river Calavon.
Bike rentals are available in Coustellet :
and in Robison :
The Luberon Ochres
There are three must-see sites if you want to discover one of the unique geological features of the Luberon :
- The Colorado Provençal in Rustrel
- The Sentier des Ocres in Roussillon
- The Bruoux mines in Gargas
More information can be obtained using the following link : Les Ocres du Luberon.
Nature activities, Sites to visit
If you consult the websites of the Visitors’ Bureaux of Isle sur la Sorgue and Cavaillon, you will be able to expand the range of your activities:
- Golf course in Saumane
- Canoeing on the Sorgue in Fontaine de Vaucluse
- Treetop adventure park in Lagnes
- The Via Ferrata in Cavaillon
- The spring of the Sorgue in Fontaine de Vaucluse
- Le village of the Bories (ancient stone dwellings) in Gordes
- The Notre Dame Abbey in Sénanque
- and much more besides !